Winter holidays are just around the corner, and you’ll want to prepare your office for when you take time off to ensure your business data and files are secure while you’re gone.
There are a few things you should do before you close your office for holidays, even if it’s just for a day or two.
Here are a few of the essential things you should do to safeguard your office while closing it up for the holidays:
- Cybersecurity: Implement proper cybersecurity measures for your devices and networks so your data and files will be protected while you’re gone.
- Updates: Before you go, update all your devices, and enable automatic updates while you’re gone to come back to fully optimized devices.
- Backups: Back up your important business data and files so that if there are any issues while you’re gone, your data and files won’t be corrupted or lost.
- Power off: Turn off devices that don’t need to stay running. It will not only prevent any data or file corruption or deletion while you’re gone, it will also save you money.
- Disconnect: For devices that don’t need internet connection, disconnect them. Being disconnected from the internet will eliminate any chance of internet-sourced cyberattacks.
With your office being protected by these holiday closure essentials, you won’t have to worry about your data and files while you’re away.
Contact IntelliSyn today to learn other ways to protect and prepare your business while away on holidays.